Good oral health is essential to your overall health, and it all starts with excellent dental care. Regular, careful brushing and flossing are key to preventing cavities and gum disease. Brushing your teeth eliminates plaque, which causes gum disease, and bacteria, which cause cavities.
Ideally, you should brush your teeth after each meal or, at a minimum, before going to bed. This will prevent bacteria from attacking your teeth.
The right way to brush your teeth:
- Place the bristles of the toothbrush where your tooth meets your gum
- Using a circular motion, brush the tooth from top to bottom
- Make sure you brush the entire surface of the tooth
- Brush your teeth for 2−3 minutes
- Avoid vigorous brushing
- Use a soft-bristled toothbrush and change it every 3 months
Don’t forget to come in for routine dental check-ups and cleanings! Call us today to make an appointment.